* This post is not in anyway sponsored by Trader Joe’s. We just really like to shop there:).
Jason loves to eat at food carts for lunch. One of his absolute favorite carts… which sadly caught on fire a few months ago 🙂 was a Greek one. We have tried to recreate their Greek gyros using ingredients from Trader Joe’s. Now I am not going to lie and say that everyone in my family loves this meal. Jason and I and Tucker (who surprisingly eats liver, yup liver) do. The other 3 will eat it and it’s way healthier than a McDonalds meal. These Greek gyros ( in my opinion) are delicious, fresh and so easy ( under 30 mins ) to make!
Trader Joe’s Greek Gyros Recipe
– Trader Joe’s Burgundy Pepper Lamb Tips
– Trader Joe’s Pita Bread
– Trader Joe’s Tzatziki sauce
– 1 head of lettuce ( we used Romaine)
– 1 onion
– 1 cucumber
– 1 green pepper
– hot sauce (we like Trader Joe’s)
– 1-2 tbsp butter
1) Slice lamb tips into bite size pieces. Cut off the fat ( if desired )
Some more of my favorite things to get from Trader Joe’s are cookie butter, alphabet cookies and pumpkins!!! ( the pumpkins are from my fall tour )
Sharing my Trader Joe’s Greek Gyro recipe with:
From My Front Porch To Yours – Treasure Hunt Thursday