When the weather warms up, Jason & I love to drink a Mojito. Our raised vegetable garden is full of mint…so we are thankful to FINALLY make something with it before it takes over the entire garden! Our Mojito recipe is delicious & takes just a few minutes to make & serve a few glasses.
And…from what I have heard they have less calories than a glass of white wine. So if you are watching your calories this might be the drink for you. 🙂
Our Favorite Mojito Recipe
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page here*
In the summertime, we are lucky to have fresh mint growing along our front walkway as well as the veggie garden so we never have run out to the store to get some. Gotta love those home grown recipes!
Ingredients for a Mojito Recipe
serves 1 glass
- 1 1/2 oz White Rum
- 6 mint leaves or more (our family really likes mint:)
- 1 oz Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Sugar
- Enough Club Soda to fill your glass to the top
- 1 Muddler
We even bought a muddler like this one, (Winco Wooden Muddler, Lacquered Walnut) just to make mojitos!
Instructions for How to Make a Mojito
- Cut your limes & squeeze your fresh lime juice till you have 1/8 cup or 1 oz. You can substitute already squeezed lime juice to your recipe if you don’t want to deal with cutting & squeezing your limes.
- Combine mint leaves, sugar and lime juice in your muddler & muddle the mint leaves for about 30 seconds. Add the mint and the juice to your favorite Mojito glass.
- Add your rum next to the glass and then the club soda until your glass is filled. Garnish with your mint leaves and serve with a straw or on the rocks (with ice).
Serve & enjoy the Mojito!
by Tara Lehman
Don’t Forget to Pin our Favorite Mojito Recipe!
You may also like these Recipes from Lehman Lane…