The perfect grilled chicken recipe starts with the best BBQ sauce. In the summer our family loves to grill! We would much rather cook dinner on our kitchen deck than heat up our farmhouse kitchen. Today, I am sharing our family’s fav grilled chicken with white BBQ sauce recipe with ingredients you probably already have at home!
Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce Recipe
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out my disclosure page*
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Grill Time – 15-20 for bone in grilled chicken less time for boneless
Serving Size – 6
Ingredients for Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2-3 lbs of chicken (can be boneless or bone-in… whatever you prefer)
Instructions to Make Grilled Chicken with White BBQ Sauce
- Turn on your outdoor BBQ grill so the grill is hot & the grates are clean & ready when you place the chicken on it.
- Combine 1st 6 ingredients in a medium size bowl & stir well.
- Pour 1/2 of the White BBQ sauce into a large Zip-lock bag with your chicken to coat (you can marinate the chicken overnight to really get the flavors in or grill right away). Save the rest the white BBQ sauce to baste or dip your chicken in later.
- Grill the chicken over medium heat turning often. Baste with a little bit of the white BBQ sauce 1/2 way through. The chicken is done when it is no longer pink in the middle. For bone in chicken it takes approximately 15-20 mins & much less if you are grilling boneless.
- Serve up your grilled chicken with some white BBQ sauce on the side.
I hope your family enjoys this grilled chicken as much as our family does! Do you have a favorite grilled chicken recipe? Happy Grilling,