Who likes peach cobbler? My kiddos go back to school tomorrow:(. Despite what my velvet pumpkins and mums might be telling you I am actually sad that our summer is over. This has definitely been one of my favorite summers with the kids despite being together every day. The 4 little and not so little Lehmans going back to school means they will be that much older next summer and am I desperately trying to keep them little as I realize just how fast life goes. Two in middle school is just plain crazy! To celebrate summer’s last day of August I thought I would share one last summer recipe my simple peach cobbler recipe. Warning: There is 2 sticks of butter in this recipe, we are a family that likes butter:).
Simple Peach Cobbler Recipe
– 6-7 Large Peaches sliced
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
– 2 cups flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 eggs
– 2 sticks of butter (melted)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Place peaches in a pie plate and add sugar and tapioca. Stir. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3) Add butter, flour, baking powder and egg to a mixing bowl and mix.
4) Using 2 spoons drop the topping on the peaches. (The batter will not cover completely).
5) Bake 40 – 45 minutes until the peaches start bubbling and the crust is a light golden brown. Check the peaches after 30-35 mins and if the crust is browning too quick cover the cobbler loosely with foil.
6) Let the cobbler cool a little and serve plain or with some vanilla ice cream. Yum!!!
So Goodbye Summer, can’t wait to see you again next year!!!