Every Spring, when the weather warms up, I start to crave my recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. This recipe is incredibly simple & easy to follow & takes less than an hour to make & bake!
Our family LOVES the combo of rhubarb and strawberries so much that we planted a strawberry patch & added rhubarb to our vegetable garden beds. I have learned to freeze the strawberries & rhubarb so we can enjoy this recipe throughout the year.
I love that we can enjoy strawberry rhubarb recipes home grown without hitting the grocery stores!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- Prep Time 5-10 minutes
- Bake Time 35-40 minutes
- Serving Size 6-8
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page here*
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Ingredients
(for the strawberry rhubarb filling)
- 2-3 stalks of fresh rhubarb (enough for 2 cups) cut in 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 pint of strawberries cut in half
- 1/2 cup sugar
(for the crispy topping)
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter (melted)
*This Recipe can EASILY be made Gluten Free – just Substitute GF flour for the Regular flour & Omit the Oats
Although, our family is not Gluten free, we have many friends that are & this strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe is still yummy without the oats!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Instructions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Stir together cut strawberries, rhubarb, and sugar in a bowl. Add the fruit to your favorite pie plate.
3) For the topping, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
Spoon the crispy topping over the fruit filling. It’s OK to not cover the fruit filling completely. You will have some strawberries & rhubarb showing through.
4) Bake your strawberry rhubarb crisp for 35-40 minutes until juices are bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
This strawberry rhubarb crisp is best enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!! Yum! I hope you enjoy it.
We love that the strawberries & rhubarb are home grown now & our strawberry rhubarb crisp is hands down our family’s favorite late spring recipe for dessert!