Sharing all my tips & tricks for how to make a book page wreath shaped like a heart, an easy DIY with step by step instructions just in time for Valentine’s Day!
This fun DIY Book Page Wreath took me about 2 hours to make & cost just $7 to make.
Table of Contents
How to Make a Book Page Wreath Shaped like a Heart
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out my disclosure page here*
I made this book page wreath five years ago & I love decorating with it!
I also love that the wreath it is made up of old book pages & for a big family of readers it seems very appropriate!
Supplies & Tools Needed to Make a Book Page Wreath Shaped like a Heart
- Styrofoam Wreath form (I used a square Styrofoam board for the heart shaped one & a 16″ round one for the traditional wreath).
- You can find a similar board on Amazon, Smoothfoam Sheet Crafts Foam for Modeling, 1 by 12 by 36-Inch, White
- 400- 500 page old book (easily found at a yard sale or thrift store or even as in our case your bookcase)
- It helps to have a bigger book in case you rip pages pulling them from the binding. Or two smaller books that have identical length and widths.
- about 300 dress pins (the smaller the better) You can find these on Amazon, Dritz Dressmaker Pins, Size 17, 750-Pack 4 glue sticks with your glue gun
Step by Step Instructions for How to Make a Book Page Wreath Shaped like a Heart
Step ONE – Trace a Heart onto the Styrofoam Board
Draw a Heart on your foam board.
Step TWO – Cut out the Foam Heart
Cut out the foam heart with a sharp knife or scissors.
Step THREE – Rip out the Book Pages & Fold the Pages
Rip out your pages from the book binding & fold like an accordion about 1 inch wide .
Step FOUR – Add the Book Pages to the Heart Foam
Fold page in half, add a dot of glue to the bottom of the page & secure page with a pin inside the fold to the wreath form.
Continue work in a circular motion from the outside of the wreath to the inside of the wreath.
If when you finish your heart shaped wreath & you think there are some empty spaces or you want the wreath to look fuller you can always add more book pages to those spots.
I definitely filled in extra book pages later in some spots!!!
Step FIVE – Add a Ribbon to Hang Your Book Page Wreath
Glue & pin a ribbon to hang the heart wreath (not needed for a circular wreath form).
Hang up your heart wreath so you can show off all your hard work!
by Tara Lehman
Don’t forget to Save & Pin My Heart Book Page Wreath or follow along on Pinterest!