We have finally started working on Bennett’s room! Woo Hoo! The plan was to have it done before middle school started, well, that didn’t happen but I do think it will be done before middle school is over:). We don’t have quite as much work to do in his bedroom as the master or Tucker’s but there still is a lot to do. For some reason this bedroom has two doorways, one into the upstairs landing and one into Ryan’s bedroom next to it.
The first thing we did is close up one of the door ways into the room. Although, it was nice for the boys to lay in bed and talk to each other like they were in the same room:), we needed the wall space and they need to go to sleep too!
Jason drywalled the wall. We still need to prime and paint it. He also added the wood shelves to the recessed nook where Ben has his fishtank.
We decided to finally retire his old detached bunk bed and I found an extra – long twin bed on Craigslist. We just weren’t into the “jean look” so I painted it blue.
We also redid a tall nautical dresser for the room. You can see how we did that here.
1) Add bead board to the ceiling as the popcorn plaster isn’t the look we are going for and it’s falling down anyway:).
2) Add a school house light like we added to the laundry room.
3) Then we will paint the walls and trim and the ceiling.
5) Add a built in desk and bookcases to the wall Jason dry walled and paint that:).
6) Give him a door. For some reason only one of our so called “bedrooms” had doors on them when we bought our old farmhouse. It is very strange.
He wants a world travel map room so I am just starting to think about what that will look like.
I am crossing my fingers that this room won’t take a whole year to finish like our bedroom did but I am excited to finally get started on it hoping to be done by Christmas:). Of course I am sure we will get sidetracked by other projects like usual. What projects are you guys working on?
Update: We have since finished Ben’s room!!!
To read about changing his doorway, go here.
To read about his bead board ceiling, go here.
To read about how we remade his dresser, go here.
To read about his built in desk, go here.
For the final reveal, go here.