Merry Christmas everyone! Are you looking for some Christmas decorating inspiration? I am back with another holiday home blog hop but this one is a little different because rather than getting a full house tour today we are each sharing one room. So scroll down to the bottom to find some inspiration for a room you are struggling to decorate or check them all out! Thanks so much to Tiffany @ The House Down the Lane for getting us all together. The room I am sharing today is our green and gold Christmas dining room. With the craziness of hosting Thanksgiving I never got to really decorate it for our Christmas home tour and between you and me I am pretty sure I was still washing dishes:).
Although, I love simple decorating there is still a small part of me that wants to go crazy and decorate the decorations at Christmas more so than any other time of year. I begged Jason to let me buy a tree for this room but he kept responding to me with the “P” word, priorities:).
To be fair to him half of our house is still in the throngs of remodeling, a broken toilet here, a missing door there, a gutted sons bedroom and hallway and at least 100 other things. With no budget to decorate this room I was forced to take matters into my own hands and dig out a mini tree from our yard:).
I do love the simplicity of it and I can replant the baby tree in a nicer spot this spring. The other item I have really been wanting to add to the dining room of our farmhouse is a crystal chandelier. Sigh:). To try and disguise our brass one I trimmed a lot of my evergreens and brought them in.
I have no idea if I added the greens the right way or not as this was my first attempt at trying this. I kinda stuffed the evergreens through the arms and cut off what didn’t look right:). I absolutely love it!!! I also hung a few gold glass ornaments on the chandelier. I bought them for 75% off at target last year.
Part of what makes this room so pretty in my opinion is the greens and if you don’t have any of your own just ask a friend. It took me about an hour set the table and bring in the greens.
I added some evergreens to the fireplace mantel as well. I placed some gold pine cones I had sprayed a few years ago along with an oil lamp and gold tree I found at Home Goods last year. There is a magnolia wreath from Restoration Hardware and the chalkboard sign was $3 at the Target Dollar spot:).
Unfortunately our fireplace doesn’t really work well. All it does is smoke up the room when a fire is lit but I love the warm glow of candles in it.
I did buy one thing new this year. My “Come thou long expected Jesus” print is from Lindsay letters and I think it is my new favorite thing in the dining room. I found the large frame at Home Goods and I am pretty sure this will be hanging up forever! I love her stuff and I hope to have one of her beautiful canvases one day.
I love to set a beautiful table. There is something so intimate about sharing a meal with friends and family especially at Christmas.
More evergreens and gold pinecones and ornaments run down the middle of my favorite farm table that Jason refinished for me. I couldn’t cover it up this year with a pretty tablecloth and that makes one less thing to iron:).
I only had to iron my cloth napkins. Simple white china looks great for any holiday. I am very lucky that Crate & Barrel still sells our dinnerware because with lots of dinner parties and kids I have had to replenish my collection through the years:).
Thank you so much for taking the time to see my Green and Gold Christmas Dining Room. It is hard to believe how far the room has come since we moved in 2 years ago. Here is what the room looked like soon after we moved in. Although, if there isn’t a pretty table set there is still loads of laundry:)
Click here to see the full Christmas Tour
Don’t Forget to Pin my Green and Gold Christmas Dining Room!
I will be taking the next two weeks off from blogging to spend the holidays with my family but I will be back in the New Year:). Have a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!! Please check out my friends posts below for some more Christmas Inspiration!!!
1. Casa Watkins ~ Winter Home Tour, Part 3
2. Kolb Corner ~ Christmas Dining Room Tour and Holiday Homes Blog Hop
3. Green with Decor ~ 5 Must Haves for Christmas Decorating: The Family Room Christmas Tour
4. Karen’s Up On the Hill ~ Holiday Hallway and Holiday Homes Blog Hop
5. Twelve on Main ~ Farmhouse Christmas Dining Room Tour
6. The House Down the Lane ~ Holiday Homes Blog Hop: Red and White Christmas Dining Room
7. Creatively Homespun ~ A Vintage Christmas Dining Room
8. 2 Bees in a Pod ~ Guest Room Christmas Home Tour
9. Sew a Fine Seam ~ Dining Room Decked Out For Christmas
10. Knock It Off Crafts ~ Holiday Homes Blog Hop: Festive Master
11. Vintage Paint and More ~ Christmas Home Tour 2015, Part 1
12. Inside the Fox Den ~ Candy Coated Living Room
13. Penny Love Projects ~ Holiday Home Tour
14. Made In a Day ~ Mini Holiday Decor Tour
15. Refashionably Late ~ Holiday Home Hop
16. Pretty Practical Home ~ Simple (and Cheap) Holiday Porch Decor – Holiday Homes Blog Hop
17. Intelligent Domestications ~ Christmas Traditions Home Tour 2015
18. Our Crafty Mom ~ Outdoor Holiday Decor: Front Entry
19. Lehman Lane (that’s me:) ~ Green and Gold Christmas Dining Room
20. C’mon, Get Crafty ~ 2015 Holiday Homes Blog Hop
21. My Pinterventures ~ Holiday Home Tour 2015 -Festive Family Room
Also Sharing My Green & Gold Dining Room with
Savvy Southern Style – Wow Us Wednesdays