“Yummy and easy”. I think ever recipe should start this way so as not to scare people off from trying them :).
Most mornings my kids want something fancy for breakfast. During the week that rarely happens…with 4 kids I’m always on the look out for something simple that they love. I adapted this recipe from a Williams and Sonoma one that has walnuts in it (my kids are not walnut fans). I also simplified the ingredients to use most of what we often have on hand.
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Makes a Dozen Large Muffins or 24 Mini Muffins
– 2 large or 3 small very ripe bananas
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg
– 3 tbsp milk
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 3/4 cup sugar
– 1 1/2 cups flour
– 3/4 cups chocolate chips
If you like walnuts you add those too 🙂
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
2) Mix dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside ( I usually just add these separately to the mixer later rather than dirty another bowl:)
3) Throw bananas, oil, milk and the egg together in a bowl and mix well.
4) Add dry ingredients until evenly combined in the batter.
5) Spoon batter into cups till they are almost level. If you have a melon baller use that to do this. It makes the job much easier. *definitely use muffin cups if you have them! It is such a pain to have to clean a muffin pan
6) Bake 20-25 minutes for large muffins or 10 – 12 minutes if using a mini muffin pan. You can do a toothpick test if you need to check. I look for a warm tan color.
7) Let muffins cool on a drying rack and enjoy!
I think these taste delish with a little tab of butter stuck in the middle. These muffins can be refrigerated and they freeze well too!
Don’t forget to Pin my Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins!
You may also like these recipe posts from Lehman Lane…
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page here*