This past week we made Asian turkey lettuce wraps and pineapple fried rice. This is a family favorite recipe and one of the few meals all four of my kids will eat. If you have kids you know how hard that is:).
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page here*
Ingredients for Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps
-1 tbsp vegetable or peanut oil
-1 large onion (chopped)
-1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
-1/2 cup peanut sauce
– 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
-1 tbsp soy sauce
-1 cucumber, peeled and chopped with seeds taken out
-2/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh mint
-a head of butter or Boston lettuce
1) Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
2) Add onion and cook until beginning to brown.
3) Add turkey and cook through.
4) Add peanut sauce, hoisin sauce, and 1tbsp soy sauce until heated through.
*You can mix in the cucumber and the mint. At our house we use the cucumber and chopped mint as a garnish for Jason and I since the kids aren’t crazy about them.
Pineapple Fried Rice
•1 cup cooked rice
•1 tbsp. vegetable oil
•1/2 can pineapple chunks
1) Cook rice in a rice cooker
2) Heat vegetable oil in wok
3) Add scrambled eggs
4) Add rice
5) Add pineapple chunks until heated through
I hope you enjoy this Asian turkey lettuce wrap recipe as much as our family does!
Don’t forget to pin our Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps!
You may also like these recipes from Lehman Lane…