Every Spring, when the weather warms up I start to crave my recipe for Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp. Since you can only buy fresh rhubarb in the late spring/ early summer around here, it is such a treat when we start seeing it in our local grocery stores! I love the combo of rhubarb and strawberries so much that we even planted some in our veggie garden this year. It’s not ready to harvest yet but it won’t be long before we can make this recipe without heading to the store :).
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
*this post contains affiliate links fro more information check out our disclosure page here*
Ingredients – for the filling
-2-3 stalks of fresh rhubarb (enough for 2 cups) cut in 1/4 inch pieces
-1 pint of strawberries cut in half
-1/2 cup sugar
Ingredients – for the topping
-1 cup flour
– 1/2 cup oats
– 1/3 cup sugar
– 1/3 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 stick of butter (melted)
*to make this recipe GF, omit the oats and use GF flour*
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Stir together cut strawberries, rhubarb, and sugar in a bowl. Add the fruit to your favorite pie plate.
3) For the topping, mix together the flour, oats, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter.
Spoon the topping over the fruit filling.
4) Bake for 35-40 minutes until juices are bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
This strawberry rhubarb crisp is best enjoyed warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!!! I hope you enjoy it. It is hands down our family’s favorite late spring recipe for dessert!
Don’t forget to pin our Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Recipe!
You may also like these recipes from Lehman lane…