Who likes peach cobbler? My kiddos go back to school tomorrow:(. Despite what my velvet pumpkins and mums might be telling you I am actually sad that our summer is over. This has definitely been one of my favorite summers with the kids despite being together every day. The 4 little and not so little Lehmans going back to school means they will be that much older next summer and am I desperately trying to keep them little as I realize just how fast life goes. Two in middle school is just plain crazy! To celebrate summer’s last day of August I thought I would share one last summer recipe my simple peach cobbler recipe. Warning: There is 2 sticks of butter in this recipe, we are a family that likes butter:).
Simple Peach Cobbler Recipe
– 6-7 Large Peaches sliced
– 1/2 cup granulated sugar
– 2 tablespoons instant tapioca
– 2 cups flour
– 2 teaspoons of baking powder
– 2 eggs
– 2 sticks of butter (melted)
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Place peaches in a pie plate and add sugar and tapioca. Stir. Let sit for 15 minutes.
3) Add butter, flour, baking powder and egg to a mixing bowl and mix.
4) Using 2 spoons drop the topping on the peaches. (The batter will not cover completely).
5) Bake 40 – 45 minutes until the peaches start bubbling and the crust is a light golden brown. Check the peaches after 30-35 mins and if the crust is browning too quick cover the cobbler loosely with foil.
6) Let the cobbler cool a little and serve plain or with some vanilla ice cream. Yum!!!
So Goodbye Summer, can’t wait to see you again next year!!!
Sharing our Simple Peach Cobbler Recipe with these wonderful blogs here