This potato casserole recipe is my family’s favorite dish at most holiday meals! Unfortunately the kids haven’t caught on to how delicious this dish is but we are hoping:). Warning… This is not recommended for anyone on a diet;). This is my brother John’s version of our potato casserole dish which happens to be my favorite:). His version adds a little kick of spice to it.
Here is the recipe card we use:) well loved and time tested recipe!
Potato Casserole Recipe
• 2 lbs frozen diced hash browns
• 1 cup chopped onions
• 1 pint sour cream
• 1 can cream of mushroom soup
• 6 oz shredded cheddar cheese
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp garlic salt
• 1 stick of butter
* For those that like a little kick of spice add 1/2tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp paprika, 1/8 tsp clove and 1 tsp black pepper
For the topping:
• 6 oz crushed corn flakes
• 1/2 stick of butter
1) Mix all ingredients together except topping and put in greased 9 x 13 baking dish.
2) For the topping: melt butter and mix with cornflakes
3) Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours of frozen and 1/2 hour if thawed.( We almost always bake this frozen). This is how much we make for my family of 16 :-).
Enjoy!!! And then get exercising:)
Don’t forget to pin my Simple Potato Casserole to your Recipe Board!!!
You may also like these recipes from Lehman Lane…
*this post contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page here*