I am sharing my hands down favorite key lime pie recipe with you guys today. I have been known to bake 2 of these key lime pies and eat one just myself while sharing the other pie with my family :). I found this recipe over a decade ago when a friend made me key lime pie when I was pregnant with our 12 year old. This easy recipe is based on one I found in Bon Appetit but I tweaked it a little using ingredients we usually have on hand here. It is a 2 layer recipe so I divided up the different layers in the ingredient section. Make sure to leave enough time for the pie to cool after baking :).
Key Lime Pie Recipe
For the Crust
3/4 cup granola ( we used some with almonds)
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup butter
3 tbsp sugar
1 (14 oz) can of sweet condensed milk
1/2 cup key lime juice
3 large egg yolks
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup sweet condensed milk
1/4 cup key lime juice
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp vanilla
- For the Crust – blend, granola, graham crackers crumbs, and sugar with the melted butter.
2. Press the crumb mixture into a pie dish. Bake until golden brown, approx. 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove pie crust and let it cool. I would not recommend skipping this step and using store bought pie crust. It’s just not the same!!! You will not be disappointed!
3. Baked Layer – whisk sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and egg yolks and pour on top of your homemade crust. Bake until custard sets approx. 25 mins.
4. Chill until room temp. Make sure you wait till it cools otherwise your top layer will be a melted mess :).
5. Chilled Layer – Beat cream cheese, sweet condensed milk, lime juice, sugar, and vanilla. Pour over your cooled baked layer. Smooth top and cover and chill until firm for at least 4 hours.
6. Cut and Enjoy!!!
*This Post Contains Affliate Links for more information click here*