I have always wanted to make one of those giant Christmas ball wreaths. You know one of those beautiful ball wreaths you see in magazines or on Pinterest…my favorite site:-)
I was afraid I would somehow break the ornaments rendering them unusable on any tree or wreath in the future if it didn’t turn out :-). I finally gave in and tried to make a Christmas ball wreath this year using plastic gold Christmas balls from the Dollar store. I still managed to break a few but for less than $20 I made a wreath I will use every Christmas. I am currently on the hunt to find real glass ball ornaments on the cheap to make another Christmas ball wreath in the future:-) I chose a straw wreath form because it is prettier and more finished looking than a Styrofoam one for any spots of the wreath form that might show. This wreath took me about 2 hours to figure out how to make and finish so plan on making yourself a big cup of coffee, put on the Pandora Christmas play list and stick a long movie in for the kids if you have any:-) and get crafting it’s Totally Worth it!
How to make a Christmas Ball Wreath
– 1 12 inch round straw wreath
– a bunch of metal paper clips (approximately 25-50)
– glue gun and 5-10 glue sticks
– 100-125 Christmas balls various sizes
– green floral wire about 6 inches long
How to Make:
1) Wrap green wire around wreath and twist
2) Break paper clips in half and start pushing the Christmas balls into the wreath starting with the big balls first and gluing them in place
3) Fill in the gaps in the wreath by gluing the smaller Christmas balls
4) Go all the way around the wreath until done
Here it the finished wreath:-) Pretty Fabulous Right?
I hung it above my dining room mantle and I love it!!!
Don’t forget to Pin my DIY – How to Make a Christmas Ball Wreath!!!
You may also like these ideas from Lehman lane or you can check out our diy project page…
*this page contains affiliate links for more information check out our disclosure page*