Anyone looking for a quick and simple Fall craft idea? I am back today to share how I made this super simple fall garland for my living room mantel in less then 30 minutes from start to finish. I love how it adds so much color to my fall mantel and that the garland is shaped like leaves from our backyard. It also cost me nothing (gotta love free projects) and will last me for many falls to come. Yay! Here’s what I did…
DIY – Fall Garland
*this post contains affiliate links for more information click here
- Cardstock Paper – (Fall colors – I used 3 different patterned pages)
- a few real leaves ( I used 4)
- a pencil with an eraser
- a hole punch
- twine ribbon about 4 feet long
- Find some beautiful intact (not ripped or crumpled) Fall leaves small enough to fit your cardstock paper. I used a Japanese Maple leaf, a Norway Maple, a Birch leaf and a Pin Oak leaf all from our property. I chose leaves that were very different from each other to add interest to the fall garland.
- Trace the leaves onto the cardstock. I found my cardstock on sale after fall at AC Moore. You can find some great fall cardstock at Amazon here.
- Cut out the leaves as carefully as possible and erase any pencil marks left. I cut out 12 leaves but in the end only used 9.
- Add a hole punch through the center of each leaf.
- String your twine ribbon or ribbon of your choice through the holes. I added an uneven number so it’s easy to determine where the center of the garland should go when hanging. You could use thumb tacks to hang the fall garland or in my case I just placed the ends of the ribbon under a few heavier items on my mantel.
See Super Easy!!! And Colorful!!! The orange pops alongside my orange glass pumpkin and candle holder.
The garland looks so pretty under the Pallet wreath we made earlier this year now ready for fall with a few wheat strands. I also added candy corn for more pops of orange and yellow even though they won’t last for long with my kiddos and Jason in the house :). Believe it or not that jar was refilled almost to the top yesterday. Yikes!!!
I love making my own decorations to celebrate holidays or changing seasons. I hope this encourages you to make some of your own :). Happy Fall!!!
Don’t Forget to Pin My DIY Fall Garland!
You make also like these Fall Ideas from Lehman Lane…