Snowy days call for sledding and soup!!! And Rice Pudding :). Nothing beats the cold like warm soup! We were in the middle of a sadly small snow storm on Monday and all I could think of was soup! I had been craving this creamy chicken and broccoli soup recipe and begged Jason to pick up the missing ingredients on his way home from work so we could have it for dinner that night…and he did! Here is the recipe it serves 8 but easily be halved:
Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Soup Recipe
– 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
– 3 cups cooked chicken ( I used 4 boneless chicken thighs)
– 1 stick of butter
– 1 medium onion chopped
– 1 (8 oz ) box mushrooms chopped
– 1/2 cup flour
– 2 cups 1/2 and 1/2
– 2 cups milk ( I used 1%)
– 3 cups chicken broth
– 3 cups chopped frozen broccoli thawed
– 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
– 1/2 teaspoon thyme
– 2 teaspoons Lawry seasoning salt
– shredded cheddar cheese
1) Cook Chicken in 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil.
2) Melt butter in large saucepan or soup pot over low heat.
3) Add mushrooms and onions until softened.
4) Add flour and stir till mixed in. Cook for 1 minute.
5) Add 1/2 and 1/2, milk, and chicken broth and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thick and bubbly :-).
6) Stir in the chicken, broccoli, and pepper, and seasoning salt.
7) Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese and enjoy with some fresh bread.
And this is the moment Tucker wanted to tell me that he likes the soup just not the broccoli :-). Thanks Buddy!
Lastly here is our mitten tree from Plow & Hearth, just check out all those mittens! Can you guess whose hiding behind it? 🙂
Sharing my Creamy Chicken & Broccoli Soup Recipe with:
French Country Cottage – Feathered Nest Friday